• 4 steaks (choose one of the different steaks available under "ingredients section"
• 1 Tbsp dried peppercorns,
• Crushed juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 4 shallots or 1 bunch green onions finely chopped
• ½ cup red wine
• 2 cups beef stock
• 1 Tbsp gelatin* (optional)
• Freshly ground salt/pepper
Step 1 – Crush peppercorns & mix with lemon juice. Rub into steaks and marinate at room temperature in a sealed bag or covered bowl for several hours.
Step 2 – Brush a cast-iron skillet with olive oil. Pat the steaks dry, leaving as much pepper adhering to steaks as possible Heat pan and cook steaks in 2 batched over medium high heat about 3-5minutes each side or until medium rare. Transfer to heated platter and keep warm in oven while making sauce.
Step 3 – Pour any grease from pan, add butter, and gently sauté the shallots or green onions. Add wine and bring to a rapid boil. Add stock and optional gelatin and skim. Boil rapidly until sauce reduced to about 2/3 cup. Season to taste. Transfer steaks to plates and spoon sauce over each and serve.